Control System Design & Programming
We specialize in automated control system design for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Our control system design engineers have extensive experience with power distribution, motor control, automation and PLC/HMI programming.
Our Control System Design customers experience:
- Increased safety and reliability of their machine controls
- Improved machine performance due to superior programming and control system design techniques
- Lower production costs because we use the best and most cost-effective components
- Lower overhead costs because you utilize our manpower and resources
- UL compliant because we are listed as a UL508A company
- Thorough documentation
- The high level of customer service that comes from working with a family-owned company
Fast Quoting For Control System Design
We often move from an initial discussion of the application to preliminary control system design work to formal quotation in a day or two. Bureaucratic engineering firms and huge panel shops have a very hard time moving quickly but we know that OEMs and machine builders need a high level of customer service. This starts with a timely quote.
Volume-specific Control System Design
Oftentimes the best control system design for OEMs with sales in the single digits is not the best control system design for an OEM system with sales in the dozens or hundreds.
- Low volume systems should be designed with emphasis on convenience and minimizing design costs (because design cost is a significant percentage of overall cost).
- With high volume systems, on the other hand, emphasis is put on two things: selecting the most cost effective components and minimizing labor during construction. It’s worth putting effort into meticulous design because of the volume.
- PLC-Based Systems
- Brewing & Brewery Control
- Wireless Monitoring & On/Off Control
- Fan & Air Handling Systems
- Commercial Food Processing
- Tube Mill Control Systems
AMPS has demonstrated the ability to work well with both types of OEM accounts. Large or small, you can be assured we know the best control system design approach.
Control System Design Upgrades
When was the last time you updated your control system design? We can work with you to upgrade your current system to the latest technology. We stay up-to-date on the cutting edge automation and control components to make it easy for you to update your machine. Most of our control system designs utilize the Vision series of controller from Unitronics. The Vision series is a cost-effective but full-featured PLC with integrated displays, including touch-screens.
Give us a call to discuss your application. Our engineers can help you with your control system design, whether it is large or small.
Wide Range of Experience with Control System Design:
- Process Control
- Feed to Length
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wastewater Pumping
- Variable Speed Motor Control
- Temperature Control
- Packaging Systems
- Wireless Control Systems
- Many More…
Please take a look at our Case Studies for details pertaining to our control system design work.
Contact us about control system design to discuss your application.
GET IN TOUCH
Our Team is Here to Help
With a complete staff of customer service, engineering, sales, and panel shop personnel, we serve our customers with the attention to detail that you expect from a family owned company.